This month, Sri Lanka celebrates 20 years in the Internet and this would be commemorated with the INET Colombo 2015 Conference – Building Internet expertise and regional capacity which would be held on 9th June 2015 at the The Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo.
INET Colombo is envisioned to the biggest ICT event of 2015 in Sri Lanka. Although only a limited number of participants can be accommodated at the main site, remote hubs will be operating in multiple locations in Sri Lanka including Jaffna and Kandy with a total audience of over 1000.
- Prof. Kilnam Chon – “Father of Internet in Korea” – A pioneer of the Internet in Asia.
- Hon. Eran Wickramaratne, Deputy Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion and Founder Chairman, ICTA
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut – Brought the Internet to Thailand.
- Prof. Mohan Munasinghe – An IT pioneer in Sri Lanka.
- Raúl Echeberría – An internet pioneer in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Prof. Abhaya Induruwa – A pioneer in academic and research based initiatives in the deployment of Internet in Sri Lanka.
- Prof. Saman Amarasinghe – A professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- and many more…
To learn more and to register, login to: http://isoc.lk/inet2015/